.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Missin' The Motherland

I just received my collegiate sorority's (Sigma Sigma Sigma) quarterly magazine "The Triangle" and noticed that their 2010 Convention is going to be held in Minneapolis. Good for them - it's a great city (but I'm not biased.....lol)! So amongst all of the sorority business and convention details, I saw a bunch of promotional information about the city of Minneapolis and I felt compelled to share it with you! It made me proud to be from such a great place. I miss and love you, Minnesota!

What makes Minneapolis/St. Paul a uniquely different Tri Sigma Convention city?
  • Experience what it means to be "Minnesota nice"
  • Recently named the "Most Fun City in America"
  • Named the "3rd-Fittest City in the Nation" by Men's Fitness magazine in January 2009
  • A multitude of golf cources (there are more golfers per capita here than in any other city)
  • More theater seats per capita than anywhere outside New York
  • Voted by AARP as the 8th "Healthiest City" in the nation
  • Forbes magazine rated Minneapolis as the 4th "Best City for Couples."
  • Travel & Leisure/AOL readers' poll ranked the city as the "4th Best Place In The Country To Shop."
  • Forbes magazine named Minneapolis the "5th Cleanest City In The World" in 2007
  • Minneapolis was ranked 2nd in the nation for recycling in a national survey by BioCycle magazine and Columbia University's "Earth Engineering."

No comments: