.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Office (Where's Dwight Schrute??)

When my Mom was in town over Easter weekend, I decided to tackle painting another room in my house - the office! It's a small room, so it would seem easy, but there is a weird architectural challenge in this one. I figured it would be good to have another person in the house while I try and balance on the ladder to accomplish it! I told Mom that she didn't have to help me paint.....she just had to be there to call 911 when I fell off the ladder! She didn't like that too much. In the end, she was a fabulous painting assistant and kept filling up the roller or brush when I was up on the ladder - greatly speeding up the process!

Here are a couple BEFORE pics from this last year:



I LOVE the color, but when I went to take pictures, the camera never could get the 'true' color! Half of these pics were taken in the morning (the lighter version of the yellow) and half were taken at night with overhead lighting. What a difference lighting makes! The REAL color is somewhere in between these two extremes....I guess you'll have to visit to see it! :)





I promise these next pics aren't capturing the REAL color - it's not that bright! And this first picture is the 'architectural' problem that I was dealing with - the top of the closet has a ledge/ceiling on it and I had to use a long pole to get to the top of that vaulted ceiling behind that flat closet ceiling. It was interesting to say the least - Mom was nervous!





Next up: The master bathroom!

4 comments:

Iris Took said...

Looks good! HGTV needs to hire you!

Anonymous said...

What a great looking room! Color just adds so much feeling to a room, you must just get all warm and fuzzy now when you walk into the rooms you have painted! :) Allison

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow!! It's my favorite color. I know you said it isn't the true color but close enough. It's great to see each room come to life from the previous white color. Continue to have fun re-decorating and keep us up to date with everything:)

Shooter

Anonymous said...

Love the color....holy cow...you are really going to town on the whole painting thing. So far everything looks fantastic!!