I guess I forgot to blog about this earlier, but on April Fool's Day, my friend Colleen and I went to a Mavericks basketball game at the American Airlines Center in downtown Dallas. I'm not really a basketball fan, but Colleen really likes the Mavs and I wanted to go for the experience!
She got some pretty good tickets and we met in Arlington and headed into downtown with time to spare.
Even though the American Airlines Center hosts both Dallas Stars hockey and Dallas Mavericks basketball, the feel at the two games is very different, in my opinion. I have been to 4 Stars games and I absolutely loved them. The Mavericks game was a different atmostphere, but it was still fun.
The music they play is more classic rock during the hockey games and hip-hop during the basketball games. Both are fun at a big event, so a good time can be had at each game!
Here is a pic of Mark Cuban - the billionaire-owner of the Mavericks (courtside - the guy who is standing up in a blue t-shirt and black jeans). Just a few nights before this game, Cuban got a $25,000 fine from the NBA because he Twittered about the bad officiating. I didn't see him on his phone at all during the game, so maybe he toned it down a little bit....although a $25K fine is like fining us $5 for something - not really a deterrent!
No comments:
Post a Comment