.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Just Can't Be Trusted With WHITE



It's official - I am 8 years old. For years and years, I have not bought more than about 5 white items of outer clothing and the reason for that is because I'm apparently a klutz and I spill, rub up against something dirty, etc. and I end up either throwing the item of clothing away or trying about a hundred different ways to get the stain out. ANNOYING.
So, recently when Jamie was visiting in March, she had on a white zip-up hoodie sweatshirt thing that was really cute. I thought it looked great, so when I saw one on sale at Old Navy, I wanted to buy it for myself (only $13!).....but then I stopped myself and acted as my own voice-of-reason and decided not to, because I will just ruin it after wearing it 1-2 times. UGH.
However......I somehow talked myself into buying it before leaving the store. I think my argument to myself was that I am 31 years old and I should be able to handle a few white things, right?! Weeeeeellllllllllll.......I have officially now worn said white sweatshirt 2 times and officially I have gotten it dirty 2 times! I guess it was my mistake to wear it to the Canton flea market - kind of dusty there - got a little dirt on it.....but I washed it regularly and it was good as new. WHEW! But I wore it last week and I went out to lunch with a friend from work and when I got back to my desk......I realized that I STILL, after 31 years, cannot be trusted with white.
Now I have to go home and whip out the bleach.......UGH! Am I the only one who has this problem????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

White makes me nernous too. How's the kitchen coming?

Anonymous said...

No, you are not the only one with that problem. However, my problems had mostly been with the white clothes my sisters used to give the boys for presents thinking that was neat. Now that they have kids of their own, white isn't such a nice color to them. I have 4 peices of white clothing for myself and so far so good, but I don't wear them that often. Good luck with getting yours clean!

Shooter

Anonymous said...

Lindsay could never leave the Olive Garden without getting the chocolate mint all over her pants...we always laughed about that. So, you are in good company!! Abby