In about a week, if everything goes according to plan.....I will have new countertops, kitchen sink, faucet and dishwasher! It's going to be a juggling act as far as the timing, but I think I can pull it off.

I chose to go with granite tile countertops (the color will be 'black galaxy' - a black granite with silver specks in it) because as much as granite slabs cost, I would never get my money out of them when I sell this house. I don't plan to be in this house forever - maybe 5 years or so, so I'm not putting my 'dream' stuff into it, but I want it to be nice and marketable. I will have a double stainless steel sink and a pretty new faucet that I still need to pick out. The dishwasher will be black (to match my other black appliances), and I have to go buy that too.

The trick is that I need the tile guy (who is doing the countertops) to tear out several floor tiles in order to get access to the dishwasher for when the Lowe's people come to switch out my old dishwasher for the new one. Then when that's done, the countertop guy needs to re-install the floor tiles at the end of the job. I also need the countertop guy to get the new sink in right away on the first day, so that the plumbers who are installing the dishwasher at the end of the first day can also hook up the water to my sink/garbage disposal. WHEW!!! I hope it all happens in the right order!! 

WISH ME LUCK - I WILL NEED IT!!
No comments:
Post a Comment