.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This week I am simply thankful for Facebook. I know, I know - it sounds lame, but I really mean it. For someone who lives far away from where they grew up, far away from high school friends, college friends, etc. it is such a great tool to keep in touch and be a part of each other's lives in a meaningful way.

As someone that has moved around several times throughout my 15 years since leaving for college at 18, I find it invaluable to connect with all of the fantastic people I met and became close to in all of those places.

It's just amazing to me that I can interact with the following groups all in one place - and they can interact with each other:

  • high school friends
  • childhood friends
  • classmates
  • college friends
  • former co-workers
  • business associates
  • church friends
  • current co-workers
  • Meetup.com friends
  • Potential suitors :)
  • former neighbors
  • current neighbors
  • etc. etc. etc. etc.
I have learned so much, kept updated on everyone else's lives (the good and the bad), offered advice & support, received advice & support, gotten questions answered, etc. - all with a few clicks!

No comments: