.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fixin' a Flat

About a week and a half ago, I limped off the freeway at my exit with a flat tire. I was only about 1 mile from my house, so I decided to risk it and limp the car home. The next day, my friend Jenks came over to give me a lesson in changing a tire - afterall, it is an item on my 33-list!

Here's my poor sad tire:

I did some pretty bad damage!

I think it's toast!

We got the supplies out - and I knew that blanket in my trunk would come in handy!

Loosening the lug nuts....

I insisted on doing all of the work so that I could learn - here's me jacking up the car....

It really is much easier than I thought it would be!

Here's my supervisor, havin' a Corona!

I was not necessarily enjoying myself, but I was excited to learn - in case I'm in the middle of nowhere and I need to be able to do it by myself.

And up she goes!

Jenks insisted on this picture - just to remind me of who's doing the work and who's relaxing.....lol

All done - lowering Ruby to the ground now.....

And here's my ugly spare! But now it's all fixed and back to normal - changing a tire is definitely not as hard as I imagined. I bet my Dad is SUPER proud of me now - I could take care of this if I needed to!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!
cl