.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

McKinney Madness

Last weekend, April and I headed up to McKinney for the day to just bum around and shop. I had never been there and so I wanted to see what it was about! This was one of the first things we saw......Ummm....can we say "feelings of inadequacy"?? I didn't look at the back - it probably had 'male anatomy' attached to it.....

Here's the courthouse in the little town square. I don't know if all towns in America have this set up, but all of these peripheral towns around Dallas/Fort Worth have the really pretty courthouses and then a square of shops/restaurants around them. So neat!

When I uploaded these pics, I thought they were very washed out and white, but then I realized that my camera was on ISO 1600 and so I let too much light in. Dang it! Oh well - pardon the whiteness.....

Here's April sitting on a bench that was shaped and painted like a lime! Too bad my camera washed out all the cool green color......

I think their motto is cute.......

Haha - I love it - a little reference that reminds me of home in Minnesota.

We had a great afternoon bumming in downtown McKinney. I bought several small things and then I got a big old printer's drawer for $20! I'm so excited to fill it!

No comments: