
A couple weekends ago, I went to a small acoustic show in a tiny theater in Mansfield. I didn't even know it was there, but I found it online and decided to check it out with a friend. I loved it!
Look at the cool old seats!

The woman that was performing was Maren Morris. Here's her bio:
A singer-songwriter who has won numerous awards - the 2007 Songwriter of the Year, teh Female Vocalist of the Year for the last five years, and the 2008 and 2009 Texas Music Artist of the Year by Fort Worth Weekly. Her style transcends Rock, Country, Blues and Indie Pop with soulful vocals, intuitive writing and guitar performances that stun audiences at live shows and shine through in her recordings. Maren has three Top 20 songs on the Texas Music Charts, including #1, All That It Takes and #5 Dangerous. Her latest album "Live Wire" has received favorable reviews.
And in between songs she grabbed this bottle of Jack Daniels instead of a water bottle - that's pretty much awesome! I wasn't expecting that! But really, she wasn't drunk or anything.

She was down-to-earth, interacted with the audience and had an amazing voice.

I have SO MUCH more respect for artists who write their own songs and are actual musicians, not talking heads up on the stage. She played both guitar and piano during the show - LOVE that.

She was young and beautiful - I'm sure the guys appreciated more than just her music!!

I loved the venue - very small and intimate - and the show was fantastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment