Here's the main hallway - much smaller than I remember.....
.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Old Sights, New Eyes
Another of my Minneapolis adventures was touring my old elementary school.
Carie and I happened to drive by it on the way to our old childhood homes and the lights were on and cars were in the parking lot still - at 6pm on a Friday.......so we decided to see if the doors were unlocked....
Sure enough - the doors were unlocked and the hallways were lit up! I think they were cleaning up a fair of some kind in the multi-purpose room. I figured we would get stopped at some point, but alas, we didn't! We had full reign of our old school!
Here's the main hallway - much smaller than I remember.....
I think this is the 4th grade hallway?
Same bulletin board strips with the kids' artwork - just like I remember.....
Ahhhh, the library!
They have done some remodeling since I went there - the office didn't look this nice back then....
A plaque honoring one of my childhood friends who died 15 years ago (when I was in college) of an aneurism. She was in her first year teaching back at our elementary school when she died.
The courtyard was dedicated to her - so sweet.
Here's one of the classrooms - some remodeling/updating has been done...
More cute artwork by the kiddos...
Here's the multi-purpose room - DEFINITELY smaller than I remember!
And the gym - one of two...I don't remember there being 2 gyms.....
The floor is the same as I remember - Ahhh, I love it.
I remember this corner vividly - right at the girls bathroom.
Ahhhh, the bathroom with the circular sink outside. It now has motion sensors and they removed the foot pedal. NOT COOL.
My old 4th grade classroom!
And here is the metal pole that I stuck my tongue to in the winter - what a moron I was! I panicked and ripped it off and MAN, did it hurt!
Oh man, the memories....
There is NO WAY that the lunchroom was this small!!
Other humans in the building - we tried to look like we knew what we were doing there. :)
What a special treat to be able to explore my childhood school!!!
Here's the main hallway - much smaller than I remember.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment