I have friends that are in all different career fields, life stages, age ranges, personality types, political views, races, etc. I think it's significant to point out that each combination of all of these traits creates a unique person and I love that I have so many different ones in my life! I really do believe that you are a product of the people and environments that you surround yourself with and I'm lucky to have such an array of people and situations to learn from!
All of these different types of friends provide companionship in their own way and bring out different sides and traits in myself that I might not explore without that person. Some friends provide a mentor/mentee relationship, some provide accountability, and some are just good for hanging out and relaxing. Some of my friends I can totally vent to, some are good for tremendous amounts of laughing, some are comforters/nurturers and some are a plethora of spiritual guidance.I love that I have friends that are just like me and others that are the exact opposite of me....and everything in between!
1 comment:
I didn't realize you were having a profound moment while we were soaking up the south. It must have been at the Angel Oak Tree :).
Post a Comment