.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Beachfront Lighthouse

How appropriate - my last post about Charleston is a "sunset" one. One of the nights, we drove out to Folly Beach to eat dinner and then went out to a lighthouse afterwards.

We had to drive out to an area along the beach and park, then walk down a long road to get to the beach area where we could see the lighthouse.

By the time we got out there, we were catching the last rays of sunlight.......

It was beautiful out there......and the sand was very fine and soft.

We saw this sign - ummmm......SCARY! I'm used to lakes where tides don't come into play!

The sunset was really pretty and peaceful out there.....

We didn't get in the water, but I guess technically we can say we went to the beach!

Lindsay was disappointed because she thought that the lighthouse was going to be attached to land, but you can't get to it since it's out in the water a ways......dang it...

And on the way back, I got this pop - a throwback version of Mello Yello! I haven't had that kind of pop in a million years - YUM. It was just like I remembered. :)

No comments: