.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Holy Charleston

Well, one thing that Charleston has no shortage of is: CHURCHES! I thought I had taken more pictures of churches than I actually did, but here are a few pretty ones that were in the downtown area near where we stayed.

Unfortunately, I don't have names for them, but I can still admire their beauty, right??

This one was just a few blocks from where we stayed....

I think I was drawn to it because it was tall, beautiful.....and had BRIGHT RED DOORS!

Here's a similar one that was literally a block from our hotel - so amazing! I would LOVE to go up in the top of this one......

This one was awesome too - it was like a castle....I would've loved to do a church tour of these beautiful buildings, but I don't think there was one. They should really get on that....

Here's another view of the previous church - so much history, such cool architecture....and how weird that there is a cemetery right out in front!

We saw this building right away on the first night - it's the Confederate Museum upstairs (run by the Daughters of the Confederacy) and then the markets are located in the open-air part underneath. Very regal looking!

Here's the sign above the door at the top of the stairs.

We waited until the last day to see the museum inside....

It was so historic and beautiful - but no cameras were allowed upstairs. The artifacts were old Confederate uniforms, flags, personal items from soldiers, weapons, letters, etc. VERY interesting.

No comments: