.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Will the real bachelorette please stand up?

Recently, Mayce and I took a girls trip down to New Braunfels/Gruene (pronounced "Green") for her bachelorette party. Gruene is south of Austin, but north of San Antonio and it's awesome! Molly, Mayce and I trekked down I-35 and met Mayce's cousin and some San Antonio friends and hit the town....

First up: Mayce eating some gas station "Hot Fries" - NASTY!!

And here's the cute bachelorette, ready to hit Gruene!

OK, now - let's just get the phallic cupcakes out of the way (they were FANTASTIC, by the way)...

And she got a fabulous board game that she and Todd can play - HAHA!!

Off to Gruene in Todd's big pick-up. The pink boa girls are on the prowl!

We got there as the sun was starting to go down - perfect photo ops!

Here we are - ready to rock n' roll!

Note to self: Feathers around your neck when it's 100 degrees = NOT comfortable.

Hittin' the Grist Mill Restaurant first...

Sittin' outside the Grist Mill, waiting for our table....they had a little band out there and a bar to pacify us...

This was the coolest 'patio' I have been to, I think. Very "Gruene"-like. People just hanging out, listening to people play the guitar and sing.

The girl at the chalkboard was calling tables up to be seated and then next to her was the little 'band' playing for everyone while they waited - so cool.

Here's Audrey and I.

1 comment:

Iris Took said...

Nice cupcakes! WL hahah