See - I've got my boots on and I'm ready for the rodeo!
.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Cowboys and Cowgirls
So after Cooper's with April and her friend, we HAD to go to the rodeo!
See - I've got my boots on and I'm ready for the rodeo!
I love going to the Stockyards and the rodeo is so cool. It's the country's first indoor rodeo and has a lot of historical significance. Also the first radio broadcast of a rodeo was done from inside the Cowtown Coliseum. Cool!
My favorite part - the national anthem girl!
The girl and that horse looked so regal - I just love it.
And right before the national anthem, they always play Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" and she races around the perimeter of the rodeo ring with that flag flying - amazing. I would go to the rodeo just for that!
Alright, bring on the bull action! Look at all of those hats - all in one picture!
All of the cowboys are looking for 8 seconds on that bull!
Gettin' the rider ready for the next bull. Sometimes the bull will just sit down and not cooperate!
And here we go!
But my favorite event at the rodeo is the barrel racing by the girl riders. It's so pretty to see those horses in action.
See - I've got my boots on and I'm ready for the rodeo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment