But FIRST, we had to make a homemade (from scratch) german chocolate cake for our friend Ryan's 30th birthday. Here is a picture of Miss Cindy working her magic!
.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost
Monday, September 20, 2010
Martha Stewart of Flower Mound
Recently, I was able to cross an item off of my 33-list at Cindy's house in Flower Mound (geez - I wish she lived closer! She lives like 15 miles north of work and I live 20 miles south of work). We (well, SHE) made homemade ice cream! She couldn't believe I had never had it before, so she said that she would show me how great it was.
But FIRST, we had to make a homemade (from scratch) german chocolate cake for our friend Ryan's 30th birthday. Here is a picture of Miss Cindy working her magic!
She is serious about cooking - everything has to be from scratch and she has a Kitchen Aid mixer and everything.....
Here she is melting the chocolate!
And the finished product (of which I only helped by separating 2 eggs)! And that's my travel gnome, Paco next to the cake. Since Cindy lives so far away, it qualifies as 'travel' to go to her house, so he had to be in the picture. haha
OK, on to the homemade ice cream........She put all of the ingredients together the night before, so I didn't see that part, but then she got out the ice cream machine and filled the outer edge with ice and fired it up.......
I had no idea that there were modern machines that do this!
When it's done, it's a little bit runny, so you put it in the freezer and then we got to eat it.....
Here I am enjoying the vanilla goodness! I have to admit - it was pretty great! Thanks, Cindy!
But FIRST, we had to make a homemade (from scratch) german chocolate cake for our friend Ryan's 30th birthday. Here is a picture of Miss Cindy working her magic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment