.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This edition of Thankful Thursday is going to look a little different. Last week, I didn't even do Thankful Thursday due to the fact that I was in kind of a funk and a crabby mood and I didn't feel very thankful about anything.

Well, this week I decided to post a picture that I took a couple weeks ago up in Lewisville - a double rainbow! I have been struggling with restlessness and agitation lately and I have quite honestly felt spiritually empty for about a month now. I'm not sure why, but I am aware of it and want this drought to come to an end.

Well, when I was up in Lewisville, there was an absolute DOWNPOUR of epic proportions and then when it was over, I saw this absolutely spectacular rainbow. It was the brightest, biggest rainbow I have ever seen in my life (the picture doesn't come close to doing it justice). And it was a full rainbow - end to end......and if you look closely, it's also a DOUBLE rainbow!

Anyway, I thought that maybe it was a sign from God that He IS still out there and that He still cares about my desires, my worries, my sorrows and my joys......it was amazing - and both ends of the full, complete rainbow were churches! The 2 'pots of gold' at the ends fell right into 2 churches! WOW - what a sign that God is still in control and unfolding His plan. It was such an amazing sight.....I hope that realization helps pull me out of this spiritual funk.....

No comments: