.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Texas On A Grand Scale!

Last week I went to the ICE exhibit at the Gaylord Texan Hotel/Resort in Grapevine. I have been meaning to go for the past 2 years, but finally made it over there. Laura, Cindy and I grabbed dinner after work and then headed up to Grapevine to see Charlie Brown (this year's theme)!

The resort is absolutely stunning, so today's post is just pictures of the hotel/resort!

Here's the lobby where we came in - very "Texan":

And then you walk into this middle area - breathtaking and HUGE!!

It was so big and pretty in there - I could've just marveled at it all night.

Here's an Alamo-esque structure in the middle rotunda.....

And the gingerbread room.....

The lighting displays were just fantastic, and there were water fountains all around too. There's just something about 'water features' that mesmerizes me.....

Their trees put my little one to shame!

I loved this mosaic on the floor....

And what's a Texan resort without some cowboy boots?!

Here's the lobby again - as you pass from that huge area out to the front entrance.

This is Laura and Cindy by the front entrance!

And a look back into the crazy big area from the lobby.....

Cindy, Laura and I by the double-sided fireplace. SO COOL.

Even the parking lot was beautiful!

1 comment:

Iris Took said...

Cool! LOVE the gingerbread room.