.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Singing The Chorus

A week ago I did something that I have never done before....Laura and I drove to a big old church in Fort Worth and attended a sing-a-long to Handel's Messiah.

The church was Broadway Baptist and the outside reminded me of Notre Dame in Paris - with the huge round stained glass window!

Now, I am not a singer (unless you count the singing I do in my car alone), but I wanted to go and experience it anyway. Laura sings in her church's choir, so she was ready to sing for sure!

The church was beautiful and we were two of the youngest people there, but I didn't care one bit. I was soaking in the culture around me - both the music and the architecture....

The organ was amazing and the interior was warm and inviting (except for the pew back, which was hard wood).

What a beautiful place to have the sing-a-long and I guess it was the 30th annual! Maybe I'll make it a tradition.....

Going to this event made me want to pick up piano again and start reading music. I was able to follow along in the score book that they gave each person as they went in (it was like 3/4 inch thick!). I'm so glad I went!

No comments: