.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, December 27, 2010

Change

When life is asking us to change,
we have two choices:
feeling the pain of the end or
feeling the joy of a new beginning

I saw this quote on a friend's FB page last week and I loved it (I have an affinity for cool and meaningful quotes, BTW - in case you haven't noticed!). As a person who typically resists major changes or is a late-adopter of change, this was hard to hear. I have definitely gotten better over time - and even made a series of HUGE changes by choice in the past few years......but my true nature is NOT to rock the boat or to fix what's not broken.

I often lament at what is ending during a change instead of looking straight ahead at the positives in the future. Part of this is fear of the unknown, part of it is grieving the past. But as always, God has done the most work on me during times of great change and I have gained the most confidence in myself and my abilities after I come out of a time of major transition. So why would I resist change if so much good comes out of it? That is the question of the day - I would love to know!

No comments: