.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, December 1, 2008

West Texas Adventure/Thanksgiving goats?

This year I spent Thanksgiving out in west Texas at Mayce's parents' ranch - what an adventure it was! It is about a 3.5 hour drive southwest of Fort Worth (about an hour from both Abilene and San Angelo). It was like a whole different world than the one I live in every day!
On Thanksgiving, Mayce's Dad came in from the goat pen and said that one of the goats had just given birth and there were twin babies outside! We went out there and checked them out - they were hanging out with their mama.

Here is a picture of the mama goat yawning - I bet she was really tired!

Here is Mayce's Dad carrying the new babies inside the goat pen. Mama is right behind him, watching out for her babies.

Here are pictures of the rest of the goats and a picture of Mayce, her brother Dave and her Mom Terrye.

No comments: