.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pet Peeve Time!

OK, I haven't vented about any pet peeves lately, so here goes (I know - I'm Extreme Lauri):

1. Why do people call me when they are in line at a store, pulling up to a drive-thru bank teller, in line at a fast food restaurant, etc.??? It has happened a LOT lately and I just don't understand the logic! Are you SO very busy that that is the ONLY time you could find to call me? Do you really think that my life is SO empty and boring that I want to answer the phone and then listen to you complete purchases, converse with cashiers or decide on your dinner menu? I cannot count the number of times someone has called me and then within 2 minutes says something like "Hold on a second - I have to pay for my food" or "Just a sec.....(to drive-thru speaker) OK, I would like a #2 with Dr. Pepper, no tomatoes" or "(to Walmart cashier - while I'm sitting on the line) Hi - I'm good - how are you? Pretty busy in here tonight, huh?" (they are making small-talk with the cashier while I'm sitting on the phone). WHY can't they just call me 5 minutes later than they chose?
2. People who cannot put the Blackberry, iPhone or other PDA away when out to dinner, drinks or otherwise spending time with someone. Why on earth would I want to go to a restaurant and spend my hard-earned money on dinner, drinks or appetizers with another person, just to compete for conversation with a 2"x4" piece of plastic??? I just think it is so insulting and rude to make plans with someone and then when you get to the resaurant, the phone comes out of the purse or pocket and gets set right on the table, so you can check (AND respond to, in some cases) their email, text, IM or phone call AS SOON as it comes in.
It is very arrogant in my opinion, to think that you are SO important and indispensable to the world, your friends, your job, etc. that you couldn't possibly eat a meal in peace and respond to the person in a half hour. THAT'S WHY THEY INVENTED VOICEMAIL!
3. People who send an email about something and then immediately run over to your desk and say "I just sent you an email - (and then proceed to explain in great detail what the email said). Call me when you've read it and then let me know what you think we should do." Are you serious??

Anyone else annoyed with these things or do you have others that you need to vent about?

PS - Thanks for reading my rant - I feel better now.....

2 comments:

Erin said...

I would have to agree with you, especially on number 2! I hate when I go to restuarants and see people doing that. Or, when you are in a car with a group and 2-3 people are all on the phone at the same time!

Anonymous said...

So true. I agree on all fronts. I just love those people that walk around with their bluetooth in their ear too. You think they are talking to you, because you can't see the headset. Are they really that important?