.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, December 22, 2008

My very own Margaritaville!

Last weekend I decided to finally put some time and effort into my back patio. I have a cement slab as a patio and then there is a metal roof/covering over it, extending out from my house. It's pretty much a blank slate as far as decorating goes.

I'm becoming obsessed with lighting lately, so since it's Christmas and all of the outdoor lighting is available in plentiful supply, I went to Lowe's and bought a ton of icicle lights. But before I put the lights up, I decided to paint the whole porch covering and supports with the trim paint that was left over from painting the front porch. My arm went numb several times during the painting process, but I got it done. Luckily it was a very windy day and it dried in no time. I bought a bunch of those adhesive hooks and put them up around the inside of the porch covering and then went to town on those icicle lights.
Next, I'm going to buy a chiminea in Mexico (when I visit my Mom in February) so I can have little mini-campfires on my patio. I also want to find some cool year-round garland of some sort to wrap around the two support poles.

I love my new little oasis with my swing...Now I just need to find a cowboy to sit with me on the swing and have a margarita!

No comments: