.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Sunday, August 24, 2008

God Bless Texas TACOS!!

On Saturday morning before the conference, Mayce and I needed a place to meet to drop off one of our cars before heading into the conference (to save on parking), so she suggested a gas station called Fuel City that is just on the edge of downtown Dallas. She chose that place because interestingly enough, they have a taco stand there and the tacos were recently voted the BEST TACOS IN ALL OF TEXAS!! At a truck stop!!!

So anyway, being the tourist that I am, I quickly agreed to meet there, since I needed to see this gas station with state-wide famous tacos. We didn't have time to look around in the morning, but I did get the feeling that this wasn't the best part of town (passing about 3 different Bail Bond places on the same street and an on-duty Dallas police officer on duty in the gas station). However, there were MANY noteworthy things about this place. Here they are:

This is the famous taco window - open 24 hours!

Very cheap gas there (it's sad that I think $3.37 is cheap, but lately it's VERY cheap!)

And you can't have a good gas station without a few longhorns behind it! I just hope they're not going to be in tomorrow's tacos! (Also - not pictured, but there were 3 donkeys back there as well. I know, very random.)

And as I was leaving, I noticed this sign - I guess it's also won an award for having the best view of downtown Dallas too! Although this is kind of a not-good thing.....if I go there late at night to see this beautiful nighttime view of the Dallas skyline, will I get mugged??

So after all of this looking around, Mayce and I had to partake in the famous authentic tacos - they were fabulous!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you alive? The blog inspiration has halted.