.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Burning the midnight OIL!

Well, today on the way to church I saw evidence of an oil rig site near my house and I am thinking that it's the one that would be connected to my gas lease that I signed in May. Here is a picture of the site:

Obviously there isn't a full rig there yet, but there are orange signs around it that say "Caution: Seismic Activity ahead". That sounds like progress to me! I guess they drill down and send out seismic waves and then measure how long it takes to get the signal back and that will tell them where there are density changes, indicating oil or no oil. I sure hope they decide to install the rig soon so they can start paying out the monthly checks to the property owners who signed leases!! They estimated that the payments would be $50-$150 per month. It's not a fortune, but that will definitely help pay utility bills, cell phone bill, cable bill - all of those everyday luxuries that cost money!

Here are some pics of fully operational rigs and the anatomy of a rig. Those of you that watch Ice Road Truckers will recognize a lot of the terminology since they moved an oil rig across the ice roads. I never would've known what a derrick was if it weren't for the show!! Right, Stacie??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am understanding what you are talking about!!
P.S. Miss you!
Stacie