.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Don't Bring Me Down (I hate that song, by the way)

OK, I'm going to spend about 10 minutes on a soapbox right now (I know what a lot of you are thinking - 'she spends more than 10 minutes on a soapbox!!'). But I will try to keep it short. Here are two pet peeves that I experienced on Sunday and they have always annoyed me but I am now putting words to my feelings. I bet some or all of you (well, mainly the ladies) have felt the same way at some point...

Pet Peeve #1 - When you decide to go shopping for clothes and you find a ton of stuff that you want to try on and once you have gone through the whole clothes section, you head to the fitting rooms. You probably have 15 things you want to try on (like at a TJ Maxx, Ross or Marshalls type store) and you are shopping alone. So you go up to the fitting room Nazi---oh wait, I mean the nice fitting room attendant--and ask how many items you can take in. She says 6. UGH. Now you have to pick out the 6 you want to try on first (and multiple sizes of the same clothing item all count separately - annoying) and hope no one steals the other remaining items from your cart while you're in the fitting room. Then you come out and the fitting room Nazi-attendant lady counts the items back with cat-like reflexes and accuracy. Then you trade some of the clothes out for other items - and make SURE they total exactly 6 again for Round 2 in the fitting room. This goes on FOREVER and then you finally come out and some nasty guy is leaning on your cart with his butt on the handle, waiting for his girlfriend to come out. When you go to escape the insane fitting room area, you grab the cart handle and realize it's all warm from nasty guy's rear end that has been keeping it toasty warm for your hands. ICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pet Peeve #2 - Untrained bagger boys at Kroger (or any grocery store that has people bag your groceries for you). I never knew that bagging groceries in a strategic way was something that took a lot of training or brain cells, but apparently there should be a training school. First of all, why does idiot bagger boy put a single box of pasta in a plastic bag, along wtih a packet of muffin mix and call that a 'full bag' - whew, that must be getting pretty heavy, that bag might break if we put even a pack of gum in it! However, immediately following that buffoon move, idiot bagger boy then completely fills a plastic bag with about 10 big cans of soup (and maybe throw in a jar of pickles while you're at it - don't want to waste any space!), making it weigh about 900 pounds (OK, that's a little much, but I'm keeping it in here for dramatic purposes). In addition, it is apparent that idiot bagger boy has not taken a science class yet in high school because any SMART bagger boy would know that you bag freezer stuff together because it "sweats" as it starts to melt in the warmer air during the ride home. It is NOT smart to put bags of frozen vegetables in with items that have a thin cardboard box that will get wet and gross when set next to frozen food in a hot car ride home when the weatherman says it's 106 degrees outside in late afternoon!! Agh!

OK, I need someone to help me off this soapbox......I need a nap now............

3 comments:

Iris Took said...

I think we should have a foam party with your soap box ideas.

Sadly, I think these frustrations are not going to go away because the general public is STUPID AND INCONSIDERATE.

(Imagine me kicking the brown metal filing cabinet to further illustrate my point).

Anonymous said...

I am totally cracking up reading your blog but also totally agreeing with you.

Think about going green at the grocery store and picking up reusable cloth totes. It is great...they hold a ton of stuff and very easy to handle. They are also good for the environment and saves landfill space.

I need to vent that I thought Ice Road Truckers was boring. The excitement just wasn't there this year. What did you think?

Stacie :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you on both, but especially the baggers. They tried doing the baggers at Rainbow. Not only did they find people that were slow as molasses, they thought that bread and milk should go in a bag together. After that, I would grab bags and start bagging my own stuff before they could even set up shop at the end of the conveyor.