.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What's In A Mate? (Version 2)

OK, here are two more of my friends' lists of what they are/would be looking for in a mate:

ERIN
32 years old
Married for 8 years
Mother of a 4-year-old and 2-year-old


1. Knows how to do laundry

2. Knows how to change sheets

3. Can work on his car

4. Handy

5. Involved in his family and with his kids

6. Doesn't "babysit" but takes part in hid kids' lives, knows their schedule, etc.

7. Good with gifts and cards

8. Ambition

9. Spiritual leader

10. Likes to have fun, but knows the limits

11. Comes up with good dates, not just dinner and a movie default

12. Can write a meaningful letter

13. Can buy tampons at the store

14. Interested in your hobbies, but doesn't necessarily want to do them too

15. Values your opinion and asks for it

16. Good sex drive, but not over the top

17. Good and complimenting

18. Focus on health and exercise, but not a beefcake or obsessed

19. Good dresser, but not too trendy

20. Good kisser


RYAN
29 years old
Single, never been married
No kids
Graduate level educated


1. Non-smoker

2. 5'0"-5'7" (can't be too short, but I would rather them not be taller than me...Through my survey I've realized that 5'3"-5'5" would be optimal)

3. 23-35 years old (25-27 years old optimal)

4. No kids (but definitely wants kids)

5. Between 100-170 pounds (can't be too skinny, but would rather not weigh more than me...Optimal would be probably 120-135)

6. I like a certain kind of voice: Soft, petite, slightly high pitched and girly sounding...or I also have a thing for slightly raspy girly sounding voices.

7. "Balanced"

8. Funny but not a clown

9. Smart but not pretentious

10. Passionate but not neurotic

11. Youthful but not spoiled

12. Affectionate but not emotionally dependent

13. Goal-oriented....but not so driven by the bottom line that she forgets everything else

14. Laid back and flexible but not a push-over

15. Likes nice things but not at all materialistic

16. I also like positive people (No excessive complaining, no treating people bad)

17. I like a woman who is honest and never afraid to give it to me straight

18. I've realized that I like people who are good and open communicators but are introverts

19. I like women who are affectionate nurturers.

20. I like a woman who is open-minded (VERY important)

21. I would like a woman who is naturally curious about the world and open to new information, places and experiences.

22. I would like a woman who wants us to stay healthy and active throughout our lives.

23. I like a woman who has an active life and has personal goals that she is working on.

24. The woman I end up with has to have a really good kiss and very kissable lips....I want to be thinking about her kisses while we are apart.

25. I like women who are clean....If your place is dirtier than mine, that's not so good.

No comments: