
After Crawford, we headed to another small town called Salado (south of Waco). We had been told that we were supposed to eat lunch at the Stagecoach Inn. It has some pretty impressive history there, but the food wasn't that great....But they keep with the history of the place and the waitresses do not give you menus - they memorize and recite the menu! Strange!

Here's April, Laura and Kristi relaxing after lunch......

Then we were off to Waco - first stop: The Dr. Pepper museum. I liked this shirt - I'm a Pepper! I am a pretty feisty girl, so I think I qualify....

And I saw this in the bathroom at the Dr. Pepper museum......WHAT?!?! Isn't walking around with toxic waste in a bag dangerous too?!

Anyway, whatever. Next stop: The Branch Davidian cult site. I had visited this place the last time I was in Waco, but I never went in the gates (which we open this time, but you are still kind of apprehensive about entering, considering how they liked to stockpile weapons!). We drove through the little winding road, but didn't ever see the remains of the "Compound" - just a few little out-buildings and the new church built there. There are a few people living on the property and their dogs did NOT want us there - running in front of the car, barking, etc.
But right inside the gate, there is a memorial (David Koresh's name is on it):


And then there is this makeshift wall of grave stone blocks - weird!

We didn't see a block for David Koresh, but it looks like this one might have been his daughter??

Here is a close-up of David Koresh's name on that big memorial....

This is the sign at the gate entrance:

Here's the road into the land - we drove in there until it dead ended....
No comments:
Post a Comment