I saw this quote and it struck me as true - especially lately in my life. For some reason, since moving to Texas, I have found myself surrounded by quite a few "Well here I am!" people and less "Ahh, there you are." types.
I was born in August, which makes me a Leo if you follow zodiac signs. Two of the most common traits of a Leo is that they are very outgoing and like to be the center of attention. I have found that I don't really fit that mold - and am becoming less and less like the 'mold' every day. I'm a 'behind-the-scenes' kind of person. I would rather take care of logistics and make an event, organization, company or project 'run' rather than sit up front, shake hands and kiss babies. That all just seems so fake and superficial anyway - I would rather be in the 'engine' of whatever is happening.
Over the course of my life, I have had a lot of different types of friends with assorted varieties of personalities. But as I get older, I am becoming more and more observant of the behaviors and personalities of other people and I find that I have a very hard time relating to the "Well here I am!" types. There are several of those people in my life right now and sometimes it takes all of the patience I have (which isn't much, I know) not to say "YES, we KNOW you're HERE! We ALWAYS know when you're here! If you would sit down and shut up for 5 seconds, you might actually learn something from someone ELSE for once!"
I know, it sounds extreme or mean, but I'm just being honest - it's what I'm thinking when they 'grace' everyone with their glorious presence and infinite knowledge (note the HEAVY sarcasm there). Has the art of ACTIVE and INTENTIONAL listening just gone out the window?? I just find that the "Well here I am!" people are usually insecure or wildly arrogant (or a strange combination of both) - neither of which is becoming of them or appealing to others.I think I would MUCH rather be a "Ahh there you are." kind of girl.......
No comments:
Post a Comment