.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday

1. Freedom

Plain and simple - I am wildly thankful for my freedom....the freedom to go to church (or not to go to church), to choose my career, to not wear a burka, to vote, and a million other things! THANK YOU to those that have fought for this sweet freedom that we enjoy today. Now let's keep it that way!

2. A quiet house/solitude after a crazy week

While I do love having guests/visitors, there is just a peace when my routine is back to normal again. Laundry is done, house is cleaned, and it's silence for Maggie and I. I just love that!

3. Realizing you have more skills than you thought you had!

While none of the projects that I have done on my house have been earth-shattering or really that complicated, they are huge victories for me. Every single time I accomplish a new project - one I have never attempted before and/or thought I couldn't do by myself - I celebrate like I just conquered the world! I am happy to say that I now have curtains all over my house and newly stained bathroom cabinets and banister! It looks amazing and I am just giddy over the accomplishment!

4. Thinking you are alone in your feelings and having a friend confirm that you aren't crazy and you aren't alone in how you feel.

This happened in a Chipotle in Las Colinas the other day. I was having lunch with a friend and I was telling her how I felt about a stressful situation and that I felt like I was crazy for feeling that way, or that it made me a bad person. She told me that she felt the exact same way and that I wasn't crazy or a bad person for what I was going through. We had a great talk and I can't put into words how good she made me feel - it's such a relief to know that you are not the only one struggling with something!

5. My crock pot!


My friend Cindy and I were talking about cooking recently - and about how I don't really do it. She recommended me trying things in the crock pot since it's kind of a set-it-and-forget-it way of cooking. GREAT IDEA and I have had my crock pot (I think I actually have the exact one in the picture - and I even have the baby crock pot too!) since my wedding in 2003.......but only used it like 3 times. SAD! So I got a bunch of recipes from the internet and tried one of them last week.....SUCCESS! I think this might be my new addiction....it's genius - and makes lunch for like a week from one recipe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Thankful Thursday! Thank you for being my friend - reminds me of a song - LOL :)

LTL said...

I am absolutely addicted to my crock pot. I'll have to give you a few recipes.