Recently I have had some very disturbing customer service experiences and I hope they are the exception and not the rule these days.....1. I was heading to a meetup group event (the paint your own pottery night) and I was going straight from work to the event, but needed to grab dinner beforehand. Since Cheddar's was near the pottery place and I love it, I decided to bring a magazine and go there by myself. OK, that's all good, but when I went in the lobby and asked for a table, the girl said, "I can't seat you because I'm not on the clock" and then waited until someone who "was on the clock" walked by and could seat me! Don't be at the hostess stand if you aren't "on the clock," idiot!
2. I went in to my doctor for a physical and they did the normal tests - blood work for cholesterol, glucose, etc. and yes, the lovely 'female' tests. OK, not a big deal. About a week later, I got an email from my doctor saying everything was normal and that I should come back in 2010 for my next physical (my doctor's office is pretty technologically savvy - they email you results and you can actually look up your exact lab results and stuff). Great - end of story, right? WRONG. A few days after I got the 'all clear and normal' email from my doctor, I got a call from her office and they said that Dr. Ward wanted me to come in for a follow up appointment to discuss the results. I asked why - since I had just gotten an email that all my results were normal and that she would see me next year. I even had downloaded the actual lab information that showed everything in the normal range. When I inquired about why I needed to come in to discuss 'normal' results, she had no idea why she was calling me. She said it must be because of some abnormal tests, but I said that I just looked at everything and they were fine. I asked which result was abnormal and she couldn't find one or any reason as to why she was calling, but then asked me which day I was available to come in. UMMMMM......DUH! Why would I take time away from work, pay a $30 copay and sit in your waiting room full of sick people to be told that I have normal results?!
Oh, and through this whole confusion, I was transferred back to the 'lab' 2 times and both times, the lab person cut me off and transferred me back up to the appointments people. WTF?! Nobody knew why they called me!!! This makes me very worried about who's running the show over there!
No comments:
Post a Comment