.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost
Monday, December 28, 2009
Candles In The Wind
On Christmas Eve, we went to church at Community of Hope United Methodist Church (the church that Chris and I go to). Like most churches, they were doing a candlelight service to celebrate Jesus' birth.
Growing up, I always loved the candlelight service - singing Silent Night with the glow of the candles. Well, this year was no different - and I loved it!
The church was all decorated and beautiful for Christmas - they did a nice job!
We sang a few Christmas songs, Pastor Joe spoke, and then the moment I was waiting for happened. They started lighting the candles of the front row people......
And as the congregation sang Silent Night, the candlelight spread......
And spread.......
Here is Chris' Mom and TJ, snuggling during Silent Night (TJ slept through the whole service!) - so cute.
And to top it off, we had a 'white' Christmas in Texas that night! About 2 inches of snow in Dallas/Fort Worth - it reminded me of home (although I could've done without the crazy strong winds!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment