
Last weekend, I went to Fort Worth with Chris and TJ to watch Chris compete in the North American Grappling Association's Championship Tournament at the Will Rogers Center.
I know NOTHING about grappling or wrestling or UFC or any of those things, but I wanted to go and see what it is he does at the gym all week and I also wanted to go and support him at this competition!

Here's Chris, scoping out the place.....

And here's TJ, following Daddy with his Arlington MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) shirt - "I'm a Lover AND a Fighter." lol

Ummmm....I would be more scared of the camera man behind Chris than the other competitors! haha

And I got a free chiropractic adjustment when I was there - they had a chiropractic clinic there the whole day, working on people's backs. I thought it was just for the competitors, but it was for everyone, so I hopped on a table and got a free adjustment! YAY!

Actin' silly while we waited around for his division......We got there at 10am and he didn't get on the mats until almost 3pm!

Lots of guys in their underwear, weighing in!

Try keeping a 4-year-old entertained for 5 hours while waiting to compete.......it was tough!

Checkin' out the competition!

Me being silly for the camera as TJ tried his hand at being the photographer for a change! A little blurry, but pretty well centered.....

And this one is a great shot - TJ took it of his Daddy getting ready to compete!

This was on a guy's shirt - love it! www.dropya.com

At least there were several guys from Chris' gym that all went together, so he could talk to his friends while they waited all day. The red shirts are from the Arlington Fight Team.

Gotta love the Tapout logo on his butt! When we first met, he had to explain to me what 'tapping out' meant - I had no idea!

I was so glad that I brought some fun Christmas cookies to entertain and feed TJ with - I would've brought more toys or snacks if I had known I would need to keep him busy for so long....but he did great.

Chris fought in Ring 9 but we moved around a few times - they were watching all of the kids go before the adult divisions.


Gettin' ready for the Ring!

By the time Chris finally competed, TJ had fallen asleep underneath the judges table!

Here we go - bring it!




Chris won 1st place - 6 to 2! He got a pretty cool medal!

He looks pretty tough in this pic - accepting his award!

And then he had to wake TJ up after it was all over - he missed all the action!

Here is his medal - it was really well done and very heavy!



Congratulations - he did a great job! I was really proud of him!
2 comments:
you did so awesome with TJ the whole day and were a great sport! Thank you for going with me and cheering me on! Now you know what it means to half nelson choke tap someone out! lol
Wow!!! Congratulations Chris!
PS Lauri, aren't you glad you were attending the event instead of running it?
Post a Comment