.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Friday, May 15, 2009

GREEN Cleaning

A weird thing has happened the last few times I have cleaned my shower/bathroom with Clorox Clean Up (with bleach).....my eyes just start burning and turn very red. This also started when I decided in order to be efficient, that I should clean the shower when I was in there taking a shower - no ruining clothes with the bleach cleaner, the shower is getting wet anyway, etc. My friend Erin and I thought that maybe the problem was the heat/steam mixed with the bleach that was irritating my eyes so much, as opposed to the many times before that I have used this cleaner and hadn't had a problem.
At any rate, when I was at Lowe's a couple weeks ago (buying paint, of course), I saw an endcap that was displaying some cleaners called Greenworks (coincidentally also made by Clorox).
For whatever reason, I stopped and looked at those cleaners (reminding myself that I have been meaning to find a milder bathroom cleaner to see if that would be easier on my eyes). Well, the price was reasonable and the bottles said that the cleaner is all-natural and no harsh chemicals are in them - GREAT! So I bought the bathroom cleaner and just tried it out over the weekend.
I used the same process of cleaning as I did with the bleach cleaner and NO EYE PROBLEMS AT ALL! And this new cleaner smells great - CLEAN, not overpowering like bleach can be at times.
I would highly recommend this product for cleaning. I felt like it did just as good of a job on my bathroom as the harsh bleach cleaner did and it smells great and isn't so hard on your eyes/sinuses.
Here's some information from Clorox/Greenworks' website:

GREEN WORKS FACT SHEET

Green Works™ OverviewClorox is leveraging its world-class expertise in the household cleaning category to develop a new platform of natural cleaning products called Green Works. These products are made with natural, plant-based ingredients and clean as well as conventional cleaners on most soils. Green Works products are a practical way for consumers to live a greener lifestyle without compromising performance.

All Green Works natural cleaners are made using plant-based ingredients derived from coconuts, as well as essential oils. The products are formulated using biodegradable ingredients, are packaged in bottles that can be recycled and not tested on animals.

In lab and in-home blind consumer testing, Green Works products performed as well or better than the leading conventional cleaners in its category.

Green Works™ Natural Cleaning Wipes, Green Works Natural Dishwashing Liquid, Natural All-Purpose Cleaner, Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner, Natural Glass Cleaner, Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner and Natural Dilutable Cleaner products have been recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for using environmentally preferable chemistry, and carry the EPA’s “Design for Environment” certification logo.

Green Works™ Products: The Green Works product line includes cleaning products for use in the home, including the kitchen and bathroom that range in price from $2.99 to $3.59:

No comments: