.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Chandelier/Tremendous Generosity

On Saturday, two really nice men from my church came over to help me with some home improvement projects that were beyond my technical abilities. It really made me nostalgic because they just snapped into action and started on projects without any hesitation - just like my Dad used to do. He would just know how to put stuff together, fix stuff, build stuff - right off the bat. The ideas and knowledge were just right there. For me, I have to psych myself up to tackle a project, read the instructions/owners manual, and methodically try to do it (then I'm usually swearing at said project by about 15 minutes into it!). They were masters of their craft and home improvement isn't even their careers!
Anyway, I would like to 'publicly' thank Jeff and Don for all of their help, expertise and time!! In one afternoon, they hung my new kitchen chandelier (see the pics), re-installed my doggy door with an air-tight, insulated solution, fixed two non-functioning outlets in my office, replaced the bad outlet on my dryer and sealed up some areas between my walls upstairs around my furnace/air conditioner where it was leaking air. Whew!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Looks good!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new chandelier. I can't wait to see it in person!!

Iris Took said...

Like the new lighting!