Last week I attended my very first Annual Homewners Association Meeting - such a monumental 'first' - errrr....... Anyway, it started like all others - reading of last year's minutes, approving the budget, airing concerns (we talked at length about those crazy coyotes too!), etc. Well, at the end they gave away door prizes and I figured they would be coffee mugs, coolers, etc.........oh no! All of the prizes were COLD HARD CASH!! About 5 people won $50 bills and I was gathering my purse and papers to leave when they called out my name as the last winner - and the prize was a $100 bill! YAY! I was so excited - didn't expect that at all!.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Benjamins Are My Friend!
Last week I attended my very first Annual Homewners Association Meeting - such a monumental 'first' - errrr....... Anyway, it started like all others - reading of last year's minutes, approving the budget, airing concerns (we talked at length about those crazy coyotes too!), etc. Well, at the end they gave away door prizes and I figured they would be coffee mugs, coolers, etc.........oh no! All of the prizes were COLD HARD CASH!! About 5 people won $50 bills and I was gathering my purse and papers to leave when they called out my name as the last winner - and the prize was a $100 bill! YAY! I was so excited - didn't expect that at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm on the Board of my townhome association and I might use this idea to get people to show up. We have 56 units in our association and we usually get 3 homeowners (plus the Board members of 3) to show. Kind of hard to get anything accomplished. Money always motivates!
Shooter
NICE! Who wants a stupid mug or bath and body works crap? Cash is king!
I was on the board of my townhouse when I lived there, and if you have a chance, I highly recommend it. You get a chance to really be involved with where your money is going.
Post a Comment