.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Monday, February 23, 2009

Home On The Range

OK, I am finally blogging about my trip through Texas to see my Mom! The first night, my goal was to get to Fredericksburg, TX (just northwest of San Antonio - in the 'hill country' of Texas). I made my goal, but it was around 9pm before I rolled into town (I took too long outside the car, eating in Austin). Anyway, I got to my hotel and was ready to relax because I knew that I had to get up early the next morning (like, be on the road by 6:30am) in order to get to the next stop on my journey. So, as much as I would've like to have seen Fredericksburg in the daylight....that never happened. But it was kind of cute in the dark!
Anyway, below are some pictures of the hill country in the morning as the sun was coming up - it was absolutely gorgeous! I kept seeing cool things and screeching to a stop on the winding 2-lane highway to take pictures, but I soon realized that I would never reach my destination if I kept stopping the car!
So here are a few pics of the pretty landscape:
This is the sun coming up over a hill - and yes, that's the moon in the sky!

I had an epiphany while I was driving through this ranch country........I think I'm going to make 'my first million' by taking pictures of a ton of cool ranch gates/entrances and make a coffeetable book out of it. I wanted to stop soooo many times and take pictures of these beautiful grand entrances of ranches - with stone pillars, metal gates with that particular ranch's brand symbol in it. They were so neat and I think it would be interesting to compile the pictures of the best ones.

And how's this for a cool covered wagon on your ranch???

And along the fence of the ranch with the covered wagon, I saw this animal - is it some sort of elk?? He wasn't even scared of me - just looked at me and didn't care that I was there taking pictures of him. So cute!

No comments: