This afternoon after work, I am beginning my journey to south Texas, via a trip through the 'hill country' of Texas. I will be driving south out of DFW and ending up in Fredericksburg, TX tonight (just northwest of San Antonio). I'm staying at an Inn that has a hot tub, so I'm pretty sure I'll be game for that after the drive! 
I'm going to hang out and see a little bit of the town in the morning, and then head further southeast, past San Antonio and down towards Kingsville, TX to tour the King Ranch. After that, it's another 2 hours or so down to my Mom's place in Harlingen (near Brownsville).
I'm pretty excited, but sad to leave my Maggie behind. I'm hoping to have LOTS of tourist adventures along the way. On Sunday, I'm going to drive north to somewhere around San Antonio and stay for the night....because on Monday morning, I'm going to the Natural Bridge Caverns just north of San Antonio - going to see some sweet stalagmytes and stalagtytes! Then on to Gruene, TX (pronounced "Green") to see the oldest dancehall in the country (George Strait has played there, among other big names). I am going to eat lunch at the Grist Mill Restaurant that overlooks the Guadelup River and go shopping there. Then, it's onward back to DFW to pick up Maggie and resume 'regular' life.
I'll have access to the internet while I'm traveling (Thank God), so I will be blogging about my adventures!
Have a great weekend!
1 comment:
Safe travels! Have fun with Carol!
Post a Comment