.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Friday, September 23, 2011

Down The Mississippi

This post really should be titled "Mississippi Randomness" or something. After we toured the battlefield in Vicksburg, we started the drive up to Memphis along the Mississippi River. We thought we would find a ton of cool little towns like we find on our Texas roadtrips, but we just didn't.....

However, we did find Rolling Fork, Mississippi - a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere.

The reason that they have a guitar on their sign is because this is the home of Muddy Waters!

Very cool mural on the edge of town.

And this town was kind of interesting - Cleveland! I thought it was weird when I found Detroit, Texas.....but Cleveland, Mississippi?? What's the deal - did we run out of creative names and had to recycle??

Ummm....yes, we're still in the deep south - we were driving down "Cotton Row"!

They weren't lying when they said that "Cotton is King" in the deep south - we drove north alongside the Mississippi River up to Memphis and there were cotton fields the WHOLE WAY.

No comments: