.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Friday, August 6, 2010

Patience, Patience, Patience

"Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius." --George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon

WOW, WOW, WOW - did I ever need to hear that quote! I might possibly be the LEAST patient person on the planet. I always have been - as far back as I can remember. My Mom will attest to it! Is that just how I am genetically wired?? Mom says that when you have kids, you are just forced to learn patience, but what if I don't end up having kids? I just have to suffer with my impatience for my whole life??

Now, I have tried to learn patience, and certain circumstances throughout my life have FORCED me to be patient to some extent, but it is pretty much excrutiating for me. I remember when I lived in Ohio, I was dying to get to Texas. Every time I pulled out the Christmas decorations for another year, I was so sad and vowed to myself that I wouldn't be in Ohio the next time I pulled the decorations out. Well, that went on for 4 years........

I think the thing that I am most impatient with right now is finding someone to spend my life with. I'm living exactly where I belong now (God Bless Texas!), my job is going well, Maggie is great, I have a fun social life, I have a lot of variety in my life, my house is pretty much how I want it, etc. The one thing missing is a mate! And of course, I am terribly impatient about finding him. Even the desire to have kids has waned, and I'm not sure if I want them or not at this point.

I just wish MY timing and GOD'S timing were synched up. Wouldn't that be fantastic?? I tend to go extreme in my thinking (shocker, I know) and figure that since God hasn't given me a husband, that he is saying NO to a husband. But just as the quote says - God's delay is not God's denial necessarily. When am I going to learn this?! Maybe I have to learn it and then God will present my husband........hmmmm........

No comments: