.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

On The Water

I think I have just been a social butterfly lately - and I have been enjoying that! I need to come out of my shell more often....

So today I'm posting pics of some of my socialness over the past few weeks. A couple weeks ago, some of us girls from work went out for a happy hour at The Ranch in Las Colinas. It was a blast and a lot of crazy laughter ensued!

Here's Tiffany and I at our awesome circular booth:

Millicent and Fallon looking all sassy....

Tiffany and Coly....

Me, Haley & Coly....

And inside the restaurant, there is this huge metal cactus and then a little waterfall/fountain thing - LOVE IT!

And then about a week or so ago, Cindy and I met up with Winnetta and Maggie at Little Pete's on Lake Grapevine in Flower Mound to see our co-worker/friend Marino's band play.

This was a really laid back place - a marina bar/restaurant where people were coming off of their boats for the day and then having some drinks and food - and dancing the night away. Marino's band played cover songs - mostly classic rock and general favorites for all ages.

Here they are:

Maggie and Cindy - having fun!

Here is our co-worker, Marino - with his awesome green guitar! He also had a red one, which I loved.

Here's Maggie and I (kind of weird to be at a bar with a Maggie - usually they don't allow my Maggie in those places!)...

It felt like a big huge pontoon - the whole bar/restaurant was floating kind of - like a dock. So when people jumped up and down or danced, the whole place shook! This also made it hard to get non-blurry pictures from my camera....

Here's Cindy puckering up.....but there were no cute, eligible guys for us....

I told Marino about 2 years ago that he should really learn to play Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" and he actually took the suggestion and they learned it! The band played my song (in conjunction with Sweet Home Alabama, of course) and Marino dedicated it to me - my one minute of fame!

Here's me and the rock star....you wouldn't guess that he does data conversions and techy stuff by day, huh??

And we had to do the obligatory "long-hair-rock-star" pic (he was standing in front of a huge fan)!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Such a fun night!! Can't wait to do it again!