.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Pilot Episode

One of my goals for 2010 is to live a more GRATEFUL life - concentrating on the wonderful gifts and blessings in my life, rather than the things I do not like or would rather not endure. So to keep me on track with this goal, and to make this train of thought more of a regular pattern of the mind, I am going to dedicate Thursdays on my blog to "Thankful Thursdays."

I will be using every Thursday's post as an opportunity to ponder the things I am thankful for that week. They can be big or small, monumental or trivial - whatever I feel grateful for at the moment.

So here goes - the inaugural post of "Thankful Thursdays"!

1. MY DOG - I know, I am probably seen as neurotically obsessed with my Maggie, but I don't care what anyone thinks on this subject. She is my buddy and my roommate, she dries tears and shares in my excitement. She dishes out oodles of unconditional love without fail, she's playful, affectionate, loyal and cuddly. There's no substitute for a dog's love at the end of the day.

2. Pineapples - I have recently decided that they are just an amazing food. They are tart, sweet and the flavor is magnificent. I think they are my favorite fruit - so tasty!!

3. Heated car seats - Whoever invented them must've had lower back pain. There's just something about cranking those heated seats up after a long day and letting that warmth insulate my back while I sit through traffic. When I get home, I almost don't even want to get out of the car!

4. A great boss to work for (pic above is my boss in a sweet mullet wig! Not many CFO's will wear a mullet wig ALL DAY and act like a stoner to play the part!) - My boss, Allen, is a great guy to work for and I love that I can go to work on Monday morning and not dread it. He asks for my input and really listens, he is plugged in enough to discuss any aspect of my job and he's up to speed, but he's also not a micro-manager and lets me do my job in peace. He trusts us to make our own schedule and get our work done in a flexible way (working from home occasionally, doctor appts, meeting with plumbers, etc.). I trust him and respect his direction and opinions (except that he's a San Diego Chargers fan, and likes to deface my Vikings decorations!). We are a 4-women team that works directly for him and we are known as "Allen's Angels." I'm very fortunate!

5. Massages - 'nuf said. I got one on Tuesday and they are just fantastic!

No comments: