
After the Dallas Holocaust Museum, I headed over to Old Red - the old courthouse that is now a museum in downtown Dallas. It is located right across the street from where JFK was shot in 1963.
Old Red is absolutely gorgeous!!


And the inside was still decorated for Christmas:

The whole second floor was a museum about Dallas history and culture - there was a TON of stuff to see, but here are a few of my favorite highlights:
An oooollllldddd pair of handcuffs!

The gun that Clyde used (of Bonnie and Clyde):

These next few pics are not something I support, condone or agree with, but it's just a part of history. I'm shocked that the organization still exists today - the Ku Klux Klan.
Can you believe this?! On this sign it says "Meet Your Friends - Ku Klux Klan Day" at the State Fair of Texas. WHAT?!

Here's an old KKK outfit - VERY creepy and disturbing to see it up close. UGH.

A certificate of someone who joined the KKK - again, just disturbing.

JR Ewing's hat from "Dallas" the TV show!


A Dallas dollar bill that was legal currency a LONG time ago when it was more regional, I guess.

I just loved the stairwells in there - the whole building was really neat.

And since I went at Christmas time, they had a Christmas tree display up!

No comments:
Post a Comment