.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pretty Binkie!

Well, last week I received a freaking awesome late Christmas present from my sister - a handmade quilt! It is HUGE and I know it took a lot of time and work to get it done - she did a fantastic job!

Maggie was pretty excited about it too - she loves blankets/quilts/anything to cover up with - the dog's always wanting to snuggle somewhere....

The colors are very bright and I love that. My master bedroom is green, so I might even put it on my bed in the summer months when I don't need my big comforter. It will look fabulous!

Here's Maggie 'shaking' on the new quilt...

She definitely approves of our new blankie.

I just love quilts - and we wore out the last quilt that Kristi made for us. Maggie accidentally chewed a few holes in it during the puppy years (trying to get at a toy that was on the other side of the quilt...instead of going under the blanket to get it, she thought she would just chew THROUGH the quilt).

She did such a nice job and I'm sure we'll be cuddling in it all the time. Maggie sniffed every single inch of the quilt, so I think she smells her 'cousin' Alice (Kristi's italian greyhound). :)

Maggie, playing with her toys on the quilt - not even 10 minutes after I laid it on the floor!

And the inaugural nap in the quilt!

Thanks, Kristi - we love it and will take good care of it!

1 comment:

Iris Took said...

WOW! She did a great job!!