It is so wildly against anything and everything I believe in to tell people that their bad choices 'aren't their fault.' WHAT?! How about some personal responsibility in this country?! If you ran up credit cards, why on earth should you be bailed out?! For every person who defaults on their credit card debt or claims bankruptcy to get rid of it, that just means that the rest of us pay higher prices on goods and services to compensate for that bad debt. If you think that this problem doesn't affect you, you are dead wrong. We all pay for the bad choices of others and it SENDS ME UP A WALL!
I live a pretty modest life - I don't go on flashy vacations all the time, I buy most household items in the generic brand if I find that they do a decent job, I use coupons for oil changes, I shop the clearance racks, and I splurge on the things that are really important to me - but ONLY if my budget allows me to. I don't buy things just because "I think I deserve it because of XYZ." I may well have deserved a treat, but that doesn't mean I can afford it. I think a HUGE, MASSIVE problem in our country these days is the sense of entitlement that some have (and it's only getting worse with each generation). This world, country, government, society don't OWE you anything. Earn it yourself and take care of YOURSELF! I try to keep politics out of my blog world, but sometimes I just feel like I'll explode if I don't say SOMETHING.

Most people who have known me for longer than 5 minutes know that I am a conservative and love Glenn Beck. One of the reasons I love him is because he is all about owning up to your mistakes and failures, celebrating your successes and taking personal responsibility for your choices - either good or bad.
Back to the commercial I heard - WHY on EARTH would any of us that live within our means want to BAIL OUT people who have been living way beyond their means and doing nothing about it, just waiting around for someone else to shoulder their burden and 'make it go away' so they can sleep at night again???
The commercial actually said "When is the government going to help with our credit card debt?" Holy crap - I almost swerved into the ditch when I heard that. Ummmm......if you want that kind of government, then go to a communist country where not only does your government handle your finances, but they also make all of your other decisions for you as well. This is America and at least for the time being, we are still a capitalist nation - so get out if you want the government to take care of your mistakes and bad choices! Get off your rear end and take some responsibility and make better choices! UGH!Who's with me?!?!
1 comment:
Amen. We might as well say "Hey, why don't you take my credit card and go shopping. Don't worry, I'll take care of the bill..."
Post a Comment