.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, March 19, 2009

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'

Well, it's official.....I think it was my initiation into the wide world of Texas.......I bought cowboy boots this past weekend! My friends from Toledo, OH - Beth & Stacie - came to visit for a few days and we did some shopping.....and I ended up with cowboy boots!
Here are pics of my friends and I at Hard 8 BBQ in Coppell (Beth is the one in the orange):

So basically, I think these girls brought "Friday the 13th" with them as far as weather goes - it was about 40 and raining for most of their trip, which is very unusual considering that the whole week before their visit was 70-80 and sunny and it went back to that after they left...so consequently, Stacie's shoe had a crack in it and the rain made her foot/sock all wet. That's what started the unstoppable shoe shopping...

Here are some fun pics of the HORRIBLE shoes we found:
It really wasn't a 'goal for the weekend' to get me some cowboy boots, but we stopped in Wild Bill's Western Store in Dallas while we were in the West End and I found the ones that I like! So Bruce (I didn't get to meet "Wild Bill") sold me a pair of 'shitkickers' and I love them! I even wore them to the rodeo the next night and to Billy Bob's for the Clay Walker concert (future blog posts about them are coming...)!
Here are some pics of my new boots!
Here's a shot of the 'boot-taker-offer-device' with the store logo on it (Beth's photographic masterpiece):
And I proudly present to you.......my new shitkickers!

Here's me and Bruce, the manager, who helped me pick them out and get the right size:

I think it's hilarious that Y'all is in the neon light - and in CURSIVE, no less!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy - I have those saem boots!! I had always wanted cowboy boots too, God knows why, but I did. Then a year ago at Christmas, I got them for a present from my husband. We went shopping at the MOA and got them there. I LOVE them!!! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Shooter, AKA Michelle

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the bad spelling - it should read SAME boots. geez...

Shooter

Iris Took said...

Nice! Now, go kick some serious shit!

Anonymous said...

They look awesome!! You even found the suede-y looking ones, I love them!!! Maybe next time I come down I will get a pair too! :) Miss you! Allison

Anonymous said...

Now, you just need a picture of you in your boots and your hat. I know that you have it somewhere.

Janis said...

It is official Laurie is now a Texan!!