I have blogged in the past about my next door neighbor who 'stopped over' during the Vikings game when they were in the playoffs (and proceeded to drone on and on about nothing while making me miss an entire quarter of the game). This is also the neighbor who thinks the coyotes near my house "are NEAT - especially when they serenade us at night!" and feeds them. ugh.Welllllll, recently he "stopped by" in the evening at about 8:30pm. I had just gotten home from a massage a little while before that and had taken a shower. This meant that when he "dropped by", I was already in my pajamas, hair in some sort of messy ponytail, glasses on, no makeup - basically looking like a total slob. I also hadn't had dinner yet and actually was just about to sit down and eat (it was already cooked and on a plate).
The reason he came over was to tell me that he found out that he has some termite issues with his house and that I might want to get my house checked out too (my house is a townhouse/duplex, so we share a 'structure'). I asked him how much it is costing him to get it taken care of and he said $800. FABULOUS. Just the news I wanted to hear - more money to sink into this house.
Anyway, he said that he would email me the company name/contact info for the termite company in case I want them to look at my house at the same time as his. OK, great. Thanks for the heads up - here's my email address. BUT, that wasn't enough. My neighbor is a chatty cathy and once again, wants to stand there in my house and talk and talk and talk about nothing. And by this time, we are IN MY KITCHEN so he can clearly see that my meal is getting cold on the counter right in front of his face. But yet he keeps going on and on, ignoring my signals that I'm done with the conversation and that I want to enjoy the relaxation time that follows a massage.....and I'm HUNGRY since my DINNER is sitting right in FRONT of him!
I probably should be thankful that I have a courteous neighbor who is just looking to do me a favor and give me a heads up. He really is a nice guy and his wife is sweet too (she brought over a home-cooked "Texas" meal when I moved in, and they have always offered their tools, etc. whenever I have needed something). I really shouldn't complain - there are much more annoying things in the world (don't EVEN get me started on the Octa-Mom!!!!).
OK, thanks for letting me vent!
2 comments:
Maybe you should give him your phone number...
Oh, how we have so much in common. I am definitely not a neighborly person. I'll do the quick chat or wave, but I don't want to party down in the road in a lawn chair. I probably would have made sure not to walk by a window and just not have answered the door. If he mentioned it later, I would have just said that I was in the shower...
Post a Comment