.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Friday, March 13, 2009

Big D and the Girls

This past weekend, four of my college friends came to visit - all the way from Minnesota, Wisconsin and Florida! We had fabulous weather for their trip and did lots of fun stuff. The first day, we went to Dallas (after making a trip to Sam Moon for jewelry).
The first stop was the Sixth Floor Museum & the grassy knoll (JFK assassination site). Since I've seen the museum a bunch of times, I took a nap on the grassy knoll while the girls went through the museum.

Here's a pic of Toni, Rachel, me and Renee on the grassy knoll!

After that 'cultural' experience, we needed some drinks! So we headed to the West End to go to Cadillac's for some happy hour margaritas.
And when we left Cadillac's, we saw some horse-drawn carriages on the corner with gorgeous horses. I just had to take a picture!

On the way out of the West End, Jamie got thirsty........heehee
At the end of our day in Dallas, I wanted to go to Reunion Tower (that sparkly lit-up ball in the Dallas skyline - see below) for a trip up to the newly renovated observation deck....so we walked all the way over to the Hyatt hotel and asked how we get to the elevator to the observation deck.....and they told us that it isn't opened yet! I knew that it was under renovation all throughout 2008, but Wolfgang Puck's new restaurant is already open at the top of the tower, so I figured the observation deck would be open too...well I was wrong - dang it!