.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This week I am very thankful for Arkansas Browning Animal Clinic - the vet's office that I take my dogs to.  I have had Maggie for almost 8 years and never once had to deal with an illness or injury....until recently when Miss Maggie got impaled by a nail in the fence (or something else?).  I was nervous and didn't know what to do for her, so I brought her in to see the vet and they took her back to surgery to repair the injury.


I expected them just to stitch her up, but it was too deep of a wound and it required surgery, a drain and the dreaded cone head.  Anyway, she did great and I am so thankful for the vets at Arkansas Browning - they were fantastic!  The vet techs were so nice too - they took very good care of my Maggie girl.  She is all better now and back to normal (causing trouble with her partner-in-crime, Owen), thanks to Dr. Mac Todd and Dr. Alice Lippitt (and the awesome vet techs).

Here's Dr. Todd who was the one that performed Maggie's surgery:

And here is Dr. Lippitt who saw Maggie when she first came in and decided that surgery was necessary.  Dr. Lippitt was so calm and gentle with Maggie, which in turn made me calm down too.  :)  Oh, and all SIX of Dr. Lippitt's rescue dogs come to the office with her.  They are roaming around and greet the patients - love it!


No comments: