.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sleigh Bells Ring

Last weekend I got to do something that I was SO excited about - go on a "sleigh" ride to watch Christmas lights!  It was a horse-drawn carriage ride at night through Highland Park in Dallas (MAJOR big money - old oil money, owners of companies, Jerry Jones, Mark Cuban, George W. Bush, etc. live there).  Laura won (bid on it and won) it at a charity auction and invited some friends to join her in her sleigh.  HURRAY!

Below is an example of the types of homes that are in this area of Dallas:
 Here is the 'boarding' area - there were lots of people there on a Sunday night, waiting for their sleigh ride appointment!  
 This was the carriage that left right before ours.  We had one big, strong horse instead of two smaller ones - she was all white and named Sophie.  :)

My pictures of the houses with their lights don't even ALMOST do them justice - these were mansions to end all mansions!  I just couldn't even believe how big some of these houses were.  Here's a smaller one, but they did a GREAT job with the lights:

Since the entire structure doesn't have lights on it, you can't grasp how glamorous the house was, but MAN!
Clearly they hire people to come out and put their lights up - look at the perfect lines!
 I need to go back and see this one in the daylight - it was like a castle!  Seriously!
 Most of them had just magnificent front doors - I especially love these rounded doors/doorways with stone.  SO AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL.
And here is the parking lot of the shopping area that we were dropped off at - they had about a billion lights in the trees throughout the parking lot - absolutely gorgeous!  
 
 I felt like a piece of white trash hanging out in this area - every other car was a luxury car of some sort.  And one of the houses that we passed on the light tour had TWO BENTLEYs out front.  HOLY HANNAH!

No comments: